Banjul Climate & Temperature
- Banjul, Gambia is at 13°27'N, 16°34'W, 2 m (7 ft). See map.
- Banjul has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Banjul is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 26.5 degrees Celsius (79.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4 °C (7.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1203.5 mm (47.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1203.5 Litres/m² (29.52 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Banjul you would come out nearest to the climate station at Honiara, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Banjul, Gambia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Nouakchott, Mauritania - 521.5 kms (324.1 miles) N
- Podor, Senegal - 397.6 kms (247.1 miles) NNE
- Saint-Louis, Senegal - 289.5 kms (179.9 miles) N
- Matam, Senegal - 433 kms (269.1 miles) NE
- Linguere, Senegal - 266.3 kms (165.5 miles) NE
- Diourbel, Senegal - 138.8 kms (86.2 miles) NNE
- Kaolack, Senegal - 93.8 kms (58.3 miles) NE
- Tambacounda, Senegal - 315.8 kms (196.2 miles) E
- Kolda, Senegal - 185.8 kms (115.5 miles) ESE
- Kedougou, Senegal - 482.7 kms (300 miles) E
- Ziguinchor, Senegal - 105.7 kms (65.7 miles) SSE
- Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - 206.8 kms (128.5 miles) SSE
- Labe, Guinea - 522.2 kms (324.5 miles) ESE
- Boke, Guinea - 339.4 kms (210.9 miles) SE
- Conakry, Guinea - 539.4 kms (335.2 miles) SE